Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
www.flickr.com

09 April 2006

Stage2: Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Going to get me some gators

I am now in Fort Lauderdale on the Eastern coast of Florida. It's about 30 deg centigrade in the shade, which by SA standards is pretty normal. However after living below zero at 8000 feet in the snow for 4 months, the heat is a bit more challenging. I had a lazy morning catching up on some sleep this morning, then headed down to have a look at the beach. It's a bit like Umhlanga on the KwaZulu/Natal coast - has the same vibe. The sea is warm and there are no waves at all. It was so awesome to be out in the sun again, after being pale and pasty for a while. Time to work on the tan, like ASAP:-)

Heading out to the everglades this afternoon to get me some gators. That is if Ben and Jess ever arrive to pick me up... still waiting...

I tried to upload some pics last night, but the connection was dial-up and ridiculously slow. Shame.. who still uses dial-up, so annoying. I will try to find a faster connection with a USB port to get some pics up. Hang tight

2 Comments:

At 3:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the waether myself. Did you check my party pics in Austin?

 
At 4:43 am, Blogger Cat Murray said...

hey, yeah i did, it looked awesome! I would love to go to Texas... it's an interesting experience! I went to Hooters for drinks today, ended up punishing a pitcher of beer each. Nothing like a good American cultural experience

 

Post a Comment

<< Home