Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
www.flickr.com

21 April 2006

Stage 3: The Big Apple

I arrived in New York yesterday morning, and have spent the last day and a half walking and walking and walking... and gaping at everything in sight! I love this city, it's just buzzing all the time with millions of people rushing around and falling all over each other to get wherever they are going first and as quickly as possible. Not to mention the food and the shopping, oh the SHOPPING.

Unfoturtunately I arrived without my luggage, which is a long story worthy of its own entry so will save that for a day when I have more time and don't have to fork out dollars to get on the Net. Very unhappy about it.

I have managed to see Times Square, which is just down the block from where I am staying in Manhatten, as well as The Rockafeller Centre, The Empire State Building, 5th Ave, Central Park, Ground Zero/World Trade Centre Site (which is under reconstruction by the way), Wall St, NY Stock Exchange, Battery Park and its view of The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

Tomorrow is art gallery day: Guggenheim, Museum of Modern Art, The Met. I fly out of JFK tomorrow night, and head to London Heathrow via Dublin. So I guess the next you hear from me will be in the UK:-) Wish me luck for the hellride back over the ocean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home