Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
www.flickr.com

18 May 2006

There is something that has really been perplexing me. It's not really life altering, but it has kept my mind occupied a bit since being in London. I have spent a fair amount of time bouncing around London staying with different people and also looking at flats to rent for myself and I have noticed that a large number of flats house all the appliances inside built-in cupboards, so that they are invisible to the eye when walking into the room - I'm talking fridges, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers etc

I arrived at the place where I am staying presently with all three regular flatmates away, and so was left to find my own way around. It took me about half an hour to find the fridge and the washing machine. Both were neatly tucked away inside regular looking cupboards, one in the kitchen and the other in the bathroom.

What is going on here? Why hide the fridge? Is this normal for England? Someone please help me it's really bothering me.

And to add to that:
There are loads of places with no tumble dryers, this is in a country where it is cold, dark and rainy for most of the year and you don't have a sunny garden to hang your washing in. So... undies draped all over the radiators all over the house, damp for 3 days. Lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home